Saturday 12 May 2012

Thing 2 - Looking at other blogs
 Today I have taken some time to read other people's thoughts about why they have signed up to 23 Things and made some comments - a first for me! I find it quite difficult to do this because I wonder if people what to know what I think.
It has been really useful to read the comments because school librarianship in particular is very isolating and you often don't have people to bounce ideas off. Sitting here reading and writing is encouraging me to reflect on this process and making me realise blogging is another useful tool in sharing experience, clarifying practise and, hopefully, being able to see ways of utilising this in my day to day life.

3 comments:

  1. Librarygirl, I like your description of blogging as a 'tool'. I had tended to view blogging as self-indulgent navel-gazing. But, just 2 posts into 23 things, I can already see how it can be used as a tool. The two obvious benefits are (a)the way it makes you reflect - something I was really convinced I wouldn't manage; and (b) the networking potential, which ties in to the point about being isolated.

    Keep posting, I'm interested to hear your reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written in my bit for Thing 2 about how useful blogging is as a way of sharing good practice - as long as you're followed by other people that work in the same field! I totally agree about working in a school being isolating - even if you get on really well with other staff, the Librarian is a unique position and they don't always understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Librarygirl - don't you find it interesting how many of us talk about our 'isolation'? I think one of the things this blogging process is doing is making us aware of how many people there are out there in the same situation as we are. If you are a sole librarian in an institution you cannot possibly have time to network with other professionals as well as running your library and all the additional tasks involved. Let's hope we can all keep this up to some degree once cpd23 is over!

    ReplyDelete